Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival – Feb. 9 through Feb. 11, 2024
Salem Main Streets and the Salem Chamber of Commerce invite you to participate in the annual Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festival – a decadent tradition of delectable chocolate, sparkling ice sculptures, and Valentine’s Day shopping! Now in its 22nd year, we are continuing to evolve the signature elements of our event to better reflect the challenges and opportunities within our business community and incorporate best practices learned over the years.
Elements of this year’s festival will include:
- Ice sculptures around town, starting with installation on the Essex Street Pedestrian Mall on Friday, Feb. 9th
- Evening illumination of ice sculptures on Friday, Feb. 9 and Saturday, Feb. 10 from 5 pm to 9 pm
- A Kickoff Party (tickets on sale SOON) and late night shopping on Friday, Feb. 9
- The Chocolate Hearts Challenge on Saturday, Feb. 10 and Sunday, Feb. 11 – an QR code game in businesses around town with prizes for participants
- Sweet treats and deals at many of the amazing local shops and eateries all weekend!
Salem’s So Sweet Kickoff Event, Friday, Feb. 9
More details and ticket link coming soon!
Ice Sculptures, installation beginning Friday, Feb. 9
Over 20+ ice sculptures will be on display for viewing around town during the festival. A special sneak peek with a limited number of sculptures will be illuminated on Friday night on the Essex Street Pedestrian Mall and Lappin Park only, and on Saturday night all of the sculptures will be lit. Sculptures will be illuminated between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. both nights, weather permitting.
Viewing the ice sculptures is free to all and is not a ticketed event. A map of all ice sculptures and more information will be available on the website closer to the festival.
Chocolate Hearts Challenge, Feb. 10 and 11
Play the “Chocolate Hearts Challenge” for a chance to win prizes! Snap a picture of at least 5 of our special Chocolate Hearts logos at a participating business and upload them before the end of the day on Sunday, Feb. 11. A full list of participating businesses and information about how to play will be available on the website closer to the event.