Join Salem Main Streets for a FREE Identity Theft Workshop
December 16, 2008 at 8:30 a.m. at the Salem 5 meeting room at 210 Essex Street.
Are you compliant with current laws for handling customer information? New penalties will be in place in 2009 which make stricter fines for non-compliance. Businesses may be held liable and penalized, through regulatory fines and penalties, sanctions, and even civil lawsuits, if they do not adequately protect the private financial, medical, and other personal and confidential information of their clients, customers, and employees. Unfortunately many businesses, particularly small businesses and professional practices, are unaware of their requirements and the significant potential liabilities imposed by these regulations.
This workshop will focus on these issues by examining;
· (FCRA) Fair Credit Reporting Act
· (FACTA) Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act – Red Flag and Disposal Rules
· (GLB) Gramm-Leach-Bliley – Safeguards Rule
· (HIPAA) – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – Security Rule
· (CISP) – Visa Cardholder Information Security Program and (PCI) – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
· California SB 1386 – and other State Legislation
Come to this workshop and find out how these laws affect your business and how even the smallest businesses can achieve compliance and reduce risk.
Presented by Rick Christiana who is a Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist, the nation’s only professional certification program specifically developed to train and equip professionals to understand and address Identity Theft and related fraud. Rick is an Independent Associate with Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.
Call or email Jennifer at (978)744-0004 or Jennifer@salemmainstreets.org to R.S.V.P. for this workshop.