It’s hard to believe, but the final Salem Winter Market of the season is already here – Thursday, Dec. 18 from 3 pm to 7 pm on Artists’ Row. It’s your last chance to stock up on your favorite vendors until June, or take care of the rest of your holiday gift shopping. Here’s our recommendations for the “can’t miss” items at the final market.
- Valicenti Organico – from luxurious duck confit ravioli to gluten-free spaghetti, Valicenti’s fresh pasta freezes beautifully and cooks in minutes.
- Mandy’s Wicked Chowdah – vacuum-sealed in individual bags, Mandy’s chowder is perfect for freezing and insanely easy to prepare; instant comfort food for two in no time.
- Grant Family Farm and Long Hill Orchard – incorporate fresh produce into your favorite freezable dishes, like squash mac n’ cheese or sweet potato sausage soup.
- Stillman’s at the Turkey Farm – stock up on sausages and your favorite cut of meat for farm-raised meat all winter long.
Haul out the Holly
- Long Hill Orchard – grab a wreath or garland for the front door or brighten up the porch.
- Wolf Meadow Farm – the holidays mean parties and guests, and that means you need hors d’oeuvres. Get a few good cheeses and your prep work just got easier.
- SalemSpice – make that special roast/side/dessert even more special with salts and spices for any dish.
- Witch City Wicks – move over, Yankee Candle. From Clean Cotton to Blue Spruce to…Opium, Witch City Wicks’ scented candles will get your house smelling just the way you’d like before your houseguests come to stay.
Stocking Stuffers (and much more)
- Salem Soapworks – a local favorite, Kathleen’s beautiful soaps, lotions, and gift sets smell even better than they look.
- All Fruit, Inc. – Anne’s amazing combos of dried fruits and nuts are straight up addictive, and the range of options will allow you to please any palate on your list.
- Shine Jewelry – amazing beads and baubles for the jewelry lover in your life.
- Green Phoenix Threads – these one-of-a-kind jackets, scarves, and gloves will have everyone asking where they came from, and how they can get their own.
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to swing by Jodi Bee Bakes for a special dessert or a little hot chocolate. See you at the Market!