But, depending on the time 0f day/night, they may not lead out.
The City of Salem has published Road Closures & No Parking Zones for Halloween. And as a courtesy to our followers who may be nearby or are still miles away but planning to be here on the big day/night we are reprinting the schedule from the city website. Please note that all closures are subject to change based on conditions, crowd size, and other public safety factors.
Streets closed to traffic at approximately 4 p.m.( no later than 5 p.m.), and until approximately 11:30 p.m.
1. Washington St. from New Derby to Bridge St.
2. Essex St. from Barton Square to Union St.
3. Derby St. from Lafayette St. to Congress St.
4. Brown St. at New Liberty St. Second backup closure at Howard St.
5. Lafayette St. from Derby to Front St.
6. Hawthorne Blvd. from Derby St. to Essex St.
7. Washington Sq. West from Essex to Brown St. Washington Sq. South closed. Washington Sq. North closed from Brown to Winter St.
8. Winter St. at Bridge St. closed to inbound traffic.
9. Williams St. at Bridge St.
10. Congress St. closed at South Harbor Garage. Vehicles will be detoured to Pickering Way out to Derby St. Derby St. inbound traffic detoured to Little Hawthorne Blvd., right on Essex St. (Traffic direction will be reversed on Little Hawthorne Blvd.)
Streets closed to traffic from 10 p.m. until 11:30 p.m.
1. Bridge St. will be closed to traffic between the westerly ramps and the Bypass Road.
2. Incoming Bridge St northbound traffic will be detoured up westerly ramps to North Street. Bypass Road inbound traffic from Beverly will be diverted back to Bridge Street and back to Beverly. Incoming southbound traffic from Bridge Street will be diverted to the Bypass Road and back to Beverly.
3. Franklin Street may be closed to traffic if needed.
Other closures or openings could be decided as special circumstances arise.
No parking tow zones from 4 p.m. to midnight. These will be enforced.
1. Lafayette St. both sides Front to Derby St.
2. Public parking lot along Front St. Public parking spaces located on Central St. in front of old police station.
3. Essex St. from Barton Sq. to Hawthorne Blvd.
4. Derby St. both sides between Congress and Lafayette St.
5. Hawthorne Blvd. both sides.
6. Front St.
7. Central St.
8. Washington St. from New Derby to Bridge St. both sides.
9. Washington Sq. North, South, and West both sides.
10. Federal St. both sides from Washington to Superior Court.
11. Norman St. from Washington to Crombie St.
12. Franklin St. on the Furlong Park/North River side of the street.
13. New Derby St. between Klop Alley and Lafayette St.
Visitors planning to come to Salem on October 31st are strongly encouraged to take the commuter rail or ride the Salem-to-Boston Ferry. For more information about traveling to Salem during Halloween visit the Haunted Happenings website and to be notified about road closures follow @GetThruOctober on Twitter or our own Twitter account @SalemMainStreets.
We will also have this information at our new Visitors’ Info Booth, which is at the corner of Washington and Essex Streets, across from the Bewitched Statue.