Success in business or in community support is something to be praised. The Salem Chamber of Commerce will be doing just that with the Celebrate Salem Awards Dinner this coming April 27th at the Peabody Essex Museum.
This will be the 94th Annual Celebrate Salem Awards.
The program this year features 36 nominees in 6 award categories. Individual winners will be decided by a general vote of the community at large— that means you! One vote per person (either by email, fax, mail or on-line vote). Deadline to vote is April 12th, 2016.
Full disclosure, we are nominated in one of the categorizes.
2015 Businessman of the Year: Businessman of the year is awarded to a Chamber member who has demonstrated excellence in business practices throughout the year and has demonstrated a sincere commitment to Salem.
- Tony Bettencourt – A Mano Italian Kitchen & Pizzeria
- Patrick Cornelissen – Hawthorne Hotel
- Tim Haigh – Bambolina Restaurant
- Robert Lappin – Shetland Park
- Rob Liani – Coffee Time Bake Shop
- Mike Sperling – Sperling Interactive
2015 Businesswoman of the Year: Businesswoman of the year is awarded to a Chamber member who has demonstrated excellence in business practices throughout the year and has demonstrated a sincere commitment to Salem.
- Bobbie Bush – Bobbie Bush Photography
- Karen Scalia – Salem Food Tours
- Joanne Scott – Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem
- Denise Snape – Far From the Tree Cider
- Laura Swanson – Enterprise Center at Salem State University
- Flora Tonthat – Northey Street House Bed & Breakfast
2015 New Business of the Year: Awarded to the best new business that opened in Salem in 2015.
- Gillian’s Foods
- HausWitch Home + Healing
- Jodi Bee Bakes
- Royal Blendz Barber Shop
- Sea Level Oyster Bar
- The Merchant
Long-term Achievement Award: Given to a business that has achieved 10 or more years of success in the community.
- HMA Car Care Systems
- Gerald T. McCarthy Insurance Agency
- Salem Maritime National Historic Site / National Park Service
- Salem Five Bank
- Salem State University
- Thai Place
2015 Community Service Award: Awarded to a member or organization with an outstanding record of community service and volunteer participation.
- Leap for Education
- The Pabich Family / Salem Renewal LLC / Salem Inn
www.salemrenewal.com | www.saleminnma.com
- Plummer Home
- Salem Common Neighborhood Association
- Salem Jazz and Soul Festival
- Salem Main Streets
2015 Excellence in Retailing Award: The Excellence in Retailing Award showcases the outstanding achievements of Salem retailers and will be awarded to the retailer that applies superior knowledge, creativity and industry know-how to develop innovative strategies, and contributes to the growth of the Salem retail sector.
- Aqua Hair Salon and Spa
- Banville Optical
- Periwinkles Food Shoppe
- Re-Find & Re-Find Men’s
- The Cheese Shop of Salem
- Tri City Sales
Take the time to not only look over this list for any personal favorites, but also the actual Salem Chamber of Commerce form which provides a brief synopsis of each nominee.