Cleaning up outside your home and inside your home in Salem is on the calendar for Saturday May 7th!
The 5th annual Swap ‘N’ Drop will take place from 10am – 1pm on the Salem Common. Weather calls for partly cloudy skies. (If it rains, then only the drop off portion will be conducted). This is a great way to part with “stuff” you just couldn’t throw away. And, at the same time, find at no cost to you new “stuff” that you can use!
- Women’s, men’s, children’s clothing & accessories
- Small household items in working condition
- Reusable Bags (new this year) – Have too many cloth shopping bags? or not enough? Visit the Bag Swap area and bring home a bag to use all year ’round!
- You can recycle plastic grocery bags
- Textiles may be in any condition as long as clean and dry— and absolutely no computers or TVs.
Items not swapped will be picked up by Recycle That.
Everyone is welcome, whether you live in Salem or not.
For additional details, contact Julie Rose at email@example.com or 978-619-5679.
But that’s not all.
Earlier in the morning and going on at the same time, Salem’s Beautification Committee will be holding its annual Clean Sweeps Day on Saturday. From 8:30am to 11:30am volunteers will be collecting trash and doing other work at Lafayette Park. Participants are asked to check in with team leaders at the start of the day.
Neighborhood clean-ups will be at:
- Bridge Street (between Flint & North Streets)
- Canal Street from Mill Hill to St. Paul Street (meet at Lafayette Park)
- Collins Cove Beach & Bike Path (Webb Street)
- Collins Middle School (Broad Street playground & Congress Street)
- Dead Horse Beach (Memorial Drive)
- Jackson Street (parking lot)
- Lafayette Park and along Lafayette Street
- Larkin Lane
- Old Salem Jail (comer of Bridge & St. Peter Streets)
- Patton Park (corner of School & Buffum Streets)
- Salem Bike Path (between SSU campuses)
- Swiniuch Park (Derby Street)
- Winter Street traffic island
Groups and associations who helped to organize this year’s Clean Sweeps volunteers include:
Bridge Street Neck Neighborhood Association, Collins Middle School students, Federal Street Neighborhood Association, Historic Derby Street Neighborhood Association, Keep Salem Clean, Mack Park Neighborhood Association, Point Neighborhood Association, Salem Beautification Committee, Salem Common Neighborhood Association, Salem Sound Coastwatch, and Salem State University
All volunteers are invited to the Salem Common for a pizza party at noon. For more information, contact Ellen Talkowsky at 978-619-5676 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of the team that keeps Salem clean!